This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn money or products from the links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please check out my full disclosure policy
Happy New Year! I am VERY late on getting this post out, but I have been very dedicated to writing this post that it has taken me some time. Last year, I created the post 365 Days of Personal Growth. Little did I know the year that we would have. Although we had an interesting year in 2020, I grew more personally and achieved so many goals than any other year that I can recall. I was unable to finish every task due to the Coronavirus, but I was still proud of everything I achieved.
I was soooo excited when I decided to do a similar post this year. I chose to devote my year to self-love and self-care because neglecting myself is the first thing that happens when I am stressed, overworking myself, or just simply busy in life. I tend to forget about my own needs whether mentally, physically, or emotionally.
Related Post: Simple Life: It’s okay to Say No
I decided I needed to take the year to devote to taking better care of myself in every way! I have come up with a list of things I plan to do this year to start loving myself more and taking better care of my health and my body. I would love for you to join me in a self-care journey this year! Take a look at some of the ideas I have for loving myself more than ever!
Self Care & Self Love Ideas:
- Compliment myself more often
- Create a daily routine
- Create a hygge space in my home (with the perfect lighting, aroma, etc.)
- Create my favorite drink at home from scratch
- Create my own encouraging sentences to help me keep going!
- Dance and enjoy my favorite music
- Develop an energizing morning routine
- Discover my stress indicators, such as mood swings, shortening temper, or feeling drained, overwhelmed, or angry. Use these “warning signs” to let myself know I need “me time” and some self-care.
- Do a cleanse (physically and mentally)
- Do breathing exercises
- Do something because it makes me happy
- Do something good for my soul
- Do stretching exercises
- Drink more water everyday!
I love this self-care idea! I drink a lot of water anyways, but some days are harder than others. I bought this neat water bottle to help keep me on track to drinking 64 ounces a days! It’s been working so far! My body feels so much better when I drink plenty of water.
- Download an app to remind me to drink water everyday
I also downloaded an app to send me reminders about drinking water! I’m very serious about this one! Water does amazing things for your body! So along with my gigantic water bottle (LOL) I downloaded the WaterMinder app. You input your information and it calculates how much water you should drink in a day. Then it will send you reminders throughout the day to drink your water! It’s been very helpful to me so far.
- Drink some herbal tea
- Eat healthier
- Enjoy a nap every now and then (I LOVEE a good nap 😊)
- Find something to challenge my brain
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Get a massage at my favorite place
- Get my eyebrows done
- Get some fresh air at least once a week (do something outside)
- Go hiking with my hubby
- Go to a spa for a girl’s day or weekend trip
- Have a date night with my love
- Have a more positive attitude
- Indulge in my garden this year 😊
- Learn new herbal tea recipes
- Learn to feel beautiful without make up
- Learn to set boundaries with people and say no (for my sanity)
- Make a list of things I love about myself
- Make appropriate appointments for check ups. Sometimes we forget how important it is to have health check ups yearly!
- Make one of my favorite meals
- Pamper myself at home
- Pick an affirmation to repeat to myself daily (a new one every day) for a week
- Read a book of the Bible that I haven’t in a while
- Read a personal development book that someone recommends to me.
- Read some of my favorite books
- Read through Proverbs
- Remind myself all that I have to be thankful for
- Sleep in one morning, with no alarm set!
- Start a skin care routine
I went a little crazy and bought some skin care! I bought a gentle cleanser, an exfoliator (I LOVE THIS!), moisturizer, and a few other items to use here and there! So far, my face feels so refreshed! I am excited to see the difference it makes in my skin once I have used it for a while.
- Start eating breakfast
- Start taking hair, skin, and nail vitamins. Document my progress.
- Start taking other vitamins for my health (I have been having trouble with possible arthritis- my fingers swell, and I need to take care of them!)
- Start taking vitamin D- I am vitamin D deficient and should be taking this daily.
I finally started taking vitamin D about the second week of January. I have felt so much better! I am much more energized than I usually am which is an amazing feeling!
- Start walking/running
- Stop apologizing so much
- Take a break from social media
- Take a soothing bath with wine, bath salts, and a good book
- Take time for my hobbies
- Take time to grow spiritually
- Try something new- a yoga class, cooking class, dance class, etc.
- Unplug for several days and enjoy the things right in front of me.
- Use self-tanning lotion instead of going to the tanning bed
- Watch my weight
- Work on having better posture (especially because I sit for most of the day)
- Work towards having a more positive mind set
- Write a letter to my future self
- Write a list of compliments to myself
There are also many ideas on my 365 Days of Personal Growth post. I will continue to update this post throughout the year as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish all the wonderful ideas on that post last year! Please check back often to see my progress and to hopefully be inspired to start your own self-care journey!
Related Post: 365 Days of Personal Growth
Don’t forget to follow me on social media to keep up with everything happening in 2021!
Until Next Time,