This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn money or products from the links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please check out my full disclosure policy
Are you looking for a recipe that includes natural ingredients for your dish soap? What do those bottles from the store have in them anyway? Who knows! This is why I love to make my products at home because I know what is in them. All of the products pictured above are natural ingredients that won’t harm my skin. I can also add my favorite scents and products that are good for my hands.
Below is one of my favorite recipes! It is a super easy and simple recipe for dish soap. It lathers up VERY well and lasts for a while! Make sure to use distilled water to extend the life of this soap!
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1/4 Cup of Distilled Water
- 1 Cup of Castile Soap
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (to make your hands smooth!)
- 1 Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil (Good for your hands too!)
- 2 Teaspoons of Vegetable Glycerin
- 15 Drops of your favorite essential oil (optional). Mine is lemon!
Note: The essential oil is optional. I add it to scent my dish soap. You can also buy scented Castile Soap if you would like to. I prefer the unscented, but you can use whichever products you prefer.
Related Post: Natural Living: Dusting Spray
Tools you will need:
- Measuring cups & spoons
- A bowl to mix the ingredients in
- A small funnel
- A container to store your soap in
- Melt the Coconut Oil (If you bought the solid kind)
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl
- Mix the ingredients together
- Get a neat little container to store your amazing new dish soap in!
- Use the funnel and pour the mixture into your container.
- Seal the container and use within a few weeks!
If the mixture seems to runny for you, add more castile soap. This will help to thicken the dish soap! I usually put mine on a cloth before washing my dishes, or I pour it directly into the water to make it soapy.
Do you see how EASY this recipe is!? I make this very frequently. I love that it doesn’t take much time out of my day! It is natural and won’t harm my skin. It’s a win-win! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Related Post: Natural Living: Laundry Detergent
Don’t miss out on one of my other favorite all-natural recipes! Grab your copy of my recipe for make-up remover wipes below!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media for more awesome recipes like this one!
Until next time,