This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn money or products from the links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please check out my full disclosure policy
Do you ever feel like you struggle to show people in your life how much you love them? You try so hard to show them, but your efforts aren’t getting the job done? Do you want to show someone you love them without saying it?
It can be hard to express your feelings of love, but there are plenty of creative ways to express them without always saying it. Actions speak louder than words and can have a lasting impact for much longer.
Have you ever heard of the five love languages? More than likely the person you are trying to show how much you love them has a different love language than you! Not that they shouldn’t be appreciative of the efforts you are making, but you may need to show them in different ways than what you would want them to show you.
If you haven’t learned what your love language is, I highly recommend you take the quiz (or read the book by Dr. Gary Chapman) to find out. Urge your husband or significant other to find out theirs as well. Even your children will have a love language! Finding out this information will completely change how you show someone you love them and vice versa. There are five different love languages.
- Physical Touch
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
- Receiving Gifts
- Acts of Service
Below are ways to show someone you love them without saying it based on love languages and simple but meaningful gestures.
Related Post: 15 Simple Ways to Show Someone You Are Thankful for Them
Simple Ways to Show How Much You Love Him or Her
Show your significant other how much you love them in ways they would never expect. Actions make a big difference in a relationship.
1. Buy a cute gift because it reminds you of them.
Just because gifts are the perfect gift to me. I enjoy buying gifts for people in my life when I see something that reminds me of them.
2. Buy their favorite candy or snack.
The little things mean the most like remembering someone’s favorite candy or snack and grabbing it at the store.
3. Put down your phone and engage in genuine conversation.
Putting your phone down and engaging in conversation can go a long way in showing someone you love them.
4. Send flowers to their workplace.
Getting flowers will put a smile on anyone’s face!
5. Write a sweet note to leave in their lunchbox or somewhere they will see it.
Writing a love not for the special person in your life will surely put a smile on their face.
6. Give them a wallet card so they can have a sweet note to read with them every day.
I love having little notes to look back on and make me smile.
7. Send a sweet and thoughtful text message sometime during the day.
Taking the time to send a message can show that you are thinking of them.
The best way to show someone you love them without saying it is by giving them something that will make them smile.
9. Show gratitude for having them in your life.
Write a letter, tell them, or even make something to show gratitude for someone.
10. Hold their hand when you are out in public.
This is the sweetest gesture for romantic relationships.
11. Share the reasons why you love them.
Writing a love note can be so much fun!
12. Ask them how they are doing.
Be genuine and check in with them.
13. Be a good listener when they are talking to you.
Your body language and eye contact say a lot when you are listening to someone talk.
14. Make time for them. Whether it’s time for a date night or just time to hang out with them at home.
Making time for each other is always important.
15. Do something that you know they like.
A great way to show someone how much you love them is to do something they like. Small gestures mean so much!
16. Support all their goals, aspirations, and dreams.
Supporting your significant other in all their goals, dreams, and aspirations is one of the most important things you can do.
17. Celebrate their wins!
Celebrate their wins no matter how big or small. Get excited and show that you believe in them!
18. Make their favorite dinner.
Everyone has a favorite meal. Take your significant other out for their favorite meal or make it at home for them and surprise them!
19. Lighten their load. Pick a chore or something at home and do it for them.
Everyone needs help every now and then. Lend a hand and help with some chores that you normally wouldn’t.
20. Do a simple act of kindness towards them.
There are plenty of ways to show kindness towards someone.
21. Take an interest in things they like.
Learn something new! This can be a fun way to show someone how much you love them.
22. Take them out on a date.
Who doesn’t love to be taken out on a date?
23. Plan a surprise weekend getaway.
A weekend getaway may be just what you need! This is a great option for someone who needs a break or some alone time with you!
24. Tell them all the reasons you are thankful for them.
There are many reasons to be thankful for someone special in your life.
Learning about their love language will also give you ideas on ways to show them love that they are receptive to.
Are you looking for some fun date ideas for winter? Check out these 29 fun date ideas!
Simple Ways to Show How Much You Love Your Kids
Kids need to be shown love in the small things, cute ways, and without you telling them all the time. Actions always speak louder than our words.
25. Cuddle with them on the couch.
There is no better way to spend an evening than a cuddle sesh on the couch.
26. Give them a high five.
Did they do something they’re proud of?
27. Say encouraging things to them.
The best thing you can do for your child is to encourage them.
28. Read them a book or let them read the book to you!
Reading a book together can be fun!
29. Ask them how their day was.
An easy way to connect with your child is to ask about their day genuinely.
30. Ask them what the best part of their day was.
Whether they had a great day or a bad one, ask them about their favorite part. Try to find the positives in the bad days!
31. Go for a walk with them or play outside.
Get some fresh air on a long walk or play their favorite game outside.
32. Pay attention and listen when they are talking to you, telling you a story, or simply want to tell you how they are doing.
Giving your undivided attention goes a long way!
33. Tell them you are proud of them and their accomplishments!
Children need to hear that their parents are proud of them.
34. Take them out to get their favorite food.
Little gestures like this are always going to put a smile on their face!
35. Cook their favorite food for dinner.
This is the perfect way to show them that you are thinking of them.
36. Play a board game together.
Have a good time and play some games together. This was always one of my favorite things as a kid!
37. Spend time laughing and telling jokes.
Nothing feels better than laughing with the people you love.
38. Learn about what they are interested in.
Your kids may be interested in different things than you. Learn about what they are interested in so you can engage more with them.
39. Give them a big bear hug.
A big ole bear hug can solve anything.
40. Write a note and put it in their lunchbox or backpack.
Surprise them with a note about why you love them, and how awesome they are, or just telling them to have the best day ever!
41. Tuck them in at bedtime.
Comfort them at bedtime and tuck them in. It’s a simple way to show them that you love and care for them.
42. Thank them for listening to you and following directions.
Children need to know that you appreciate when they follow directions. Positive feedback is always a good thing!
43. Teach them something new.
Learning something new can be fun!
44. Include them in things like cooking and yard work.
Let them lend a helping hand with things around the home
45. Encourage them when they are trying something new.
Encouraging them will help them feel confident and they will know that you believe in them.
46. Ask them to tell you a story.
Storytime is a unique way for your child to express their creative side.
47. Ask their opinion and ask them why they chose that answer.
Show that you are genuinely listening to them.
Simple Ways to Show a Friend How much you love them
Our friends are a huge part of your life and deserve to know how much we love them!
48. Ask them out for a coffee date.
Coffee is always a good idea.
49. Have a girl’s or guy’s night out.
Go out and have some fun together.
50. Ask them if they need help with anything right now.
Whether lending them a helping hand or helping them through tough times, reaching out is always a good gesture.
51. Send them a message letting them know you are thankful for your friendship.
A few little words can go a long way.
52. Be there for them when they need you.
Nothing says you love them more than being a shoulder for them to cry on. A best friend is there through the good and the bad.
53. Give them a book.
Your book lover friend will feel all the love.
Related Post: The Simple Gift Guide for the Book Lover
54. Send them a birthday card in the mail.
Everyone loves to receive happy mail.
55. Plan a fun adventure with them.
An adventure is a good way to spend time together and make new memories.
56. Bake their favorite treat.
Don’t make their favorite treat just on special occasions. They deserve them any time of the year!
57. Encourage and empower them.
Send them messages or tell them how strong they are!
58. Buy a small gift that reminds you of them.
Friends love to know you are thinking of them.
59. Confide in your friends and let them confide in you as well.
Sometimes we need to confide with others after a long day, week, or month.
60. Check-in on them regularly.
Check-in and make sure they are doing good.
61. Celebrate their successes!
Show them you are proud of them when they are successful in life.
62. Give them a big hug.
Everyone can use a hug now and then.
63. Remember things that are important to them.
Is something important coming up in their life? Make sure to let them know you haven’t forgotten about it!
64. Do something to help them
take a load off them by helping with chores or helping them with a project.
65. Always keep your word.
If you tell them you will do something, keep your word and do it.
66. Host a dinner party and invite your friends.
Have a good night with food, friends, and your favorite wine.
67. Say, thank you- even for just being your friend.
Good friends are hard to come by. Tell them thanks for being a great friend!
68. Reminisce on fun and exciting times that you have shared.
We all have great memories with our best friends. Think back on those times and have fun re-living them.
69. Create inside jokes with your friends.
Creating unique ways to make your friendship stronger is always a good idea.
70. Call or FaceTime them if you haven’t seen each other in a while.
Don’t forget to catch up in your free time!
Make sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter to never miss out on updates, freebies, and new content!
There are so many wonderful ways to show someone you love them without saying the words “I love you.”
I hope I have inspired you to show some love to the people who mean the most to you! These are just a few little ways that I enjoy expressing my love for the people in my life. In what ways do you like to express your love?
Until next time,