This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn money or products from the links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please check out my full disclosure policy
Fall is fast approaching! It is my favorite time of the year because it is the beginning of all the fun seasons. We get to enjoy the fall weather, festivals then it leads to Thanksgiving and Christmas. This time of year can begin to be hectic, and that is why I try to find simple ways to enjoy fall and the seasons it leads us into.
Below I have compiled a wonderful list of different and simple ways to enjoy the fall season. Try not to get too caught up in the hustle and bustle of the fall festivals, Halloween, school parties, errands, and so on that you forget to enjoy the season before you!
Simple Ways to Enjoy Fall Outside
- One of my favorite ways to enjoy the fall season is to see the fall foliage. My husband and I usually drive up to Blue Ridge, Georgia, during this time of the year. It is in the North Georgia mountains, and the colors of the leaves are GORGEOUS this time of year!
- Another reason to drive up to Blue Ridge is to go apple picking! It is huge this time of year, and the apples are amazing. If you have the opportunity to do something like this near you, do it! It’s fun to do it as a family and then make something together afterward with the apples that you pick.
- Go to a pumpkin patch! This one is fun for couples or for the whole family. Pick out a pumpkin, take pGo to a pumpkin patch! This one is fun for couples or the whole family. Pick out a pumpkin, take pictures, and then go home and carve your pumpkins! Don’t forget to save your pumpkin seeds to roast and eat later!
- Gather a group of friends or your family and go to a corn maze! These are so much fun! Get lost and have a great time.
- Around where I live, we have a ton of festivals during the fall season. We have apple festivals, fall festivals, arts & crafts festivals. It can be a lot of fun to pick a few throughout the fall season to attend. There is no way to attend them all! Find some festivals near you that you would love to attend! They are the perfect way to enjoy the fall weather and dive into the fall season with some fun (and good food too).
- Pick a beautiful fresh flower arrangement (from your flower garden or the store) and display it on your dining room table.
- Go hiking or camping. There is no better way to enjoy the beauty and simplicity of fall nature than to go hiking or camping!
- If you enjoy Halloween (and scary things), take advantage of Halloween festivities! Go to a haunted house or take your family trick or treating. It can be a lot of fun to get dressed up and enjoy time with family and friends.
- One of my favorites- roast marshmallows on the fire and make s’mores! This kit and these sticks are perfect for an evening by the fire with the family.
- Go to the fair with your family. The fair starts around the beginning of October where I live. It lasts about a week, and my husband and I always make it a priority to go. They have the BEST roasted corn and we are obsessed with it! Haha
Simple Ways to Enjoy Fall at Home
- Decorate your house with your favorite fall decor!
- Pick out your favorite fall candles or simmer pot recipe to make your house smell amazing!
- Make a wreath (or buy one) for your front door. I try to be super crafty, but I’m not. I have a ton of Pinterest fails. Lol. But if you are crafty or want to try to be, I would love to see pictures of your homemade wreath!
- Find a fun fall craft to make with your family!
- Bake cookies and decorate them for Halloween or fall
- Bake a pumpkin pie or a pecan pie. These two are my favorites and let me know that fall has arrived!
- Hand out candy for Halloween! This can be so much fun. Get dressed up, and have a great time seeing all the little kiddos come around in their costumes.
- Cuddle up at home by the fire and watch a good movie!
- Make your favorite hot beverage- apple cider or hot chocolate (in one of these ADORABLE mugs!).
- Making your favorite soup or chili is perfect for warming up on a cool fall evening. One of my favorite things to cook is my mother’s amazing vegetable soup recipe. It also makes enough that I will have leftovers for a few days (heart eyes!).
- Plant an indoor herb garden. I included this because depending on where you live, your outside herb garden will die pretty early! Since I’m in Georgia, mine will usually last until November. But, this one is for those of you that live in a much colder area. Planting an indoor herb garden will allow you to have fresh herbs all year round!
- Roast the pumpkin seeds you saved from carving your pumpkin.
- Begin to switch out your summer and fall/winter clothes in your closet. I always enjoy doing this! Sweater season is my favorite.
- Pull out the fall nail polish colors! Go buy some pretty new colors if you’re wanting something different. Take the time to sit down and paint your fingernails and toenails. Have a mini spa day while you’re at it!
- Start a gratitude journal so that you can remember what all you have to be thankful for.
- Grab your favorite pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks one afternoon!
- I am a lover of socks! I love cozy, comfy, and warm socks. I just bought a new pair the other day, and my husband thought I was crazy with how happy it made me. So, buy a new pair or pull out your favorite old pair of comfy socks and snuggle up in them!
I hope you find things to do on this list that you enjoy for fall this year! The holiday seasons are fun, but they can also be busy and hectic. I hope you take the time this year to slow down and remember to enjoy being present in the moments spent with family, friends, and even alone!
If you have some ideas for simple ways to enjoy the fall season, I would love to hear about them. Please leave a comment below!
Until Next Time,